Friday 25 January 2013

Baby Steps...

What a week!

The process of loading and using apps, creating app and play store accounts and generally just getting going has been a slow but exciting process!

The amazing thing is how the kids have got on board, there is no fear for them when it comes to Tablet devices, to use a Steve Jobs Quote:

"Older people sit down and ask, 'What is it?' but the child asks, 'What can I do with it?'...

and boy have they asked a lot!

We spent the week downloading many of the apps I talked about last week, the kids have managed to find the best WiFi hotspots in the school and it's great to see them congregating around a teacher getting a new app. 

More importantly though we have started using the devices in classes, in the latest lesson I asked the grade 6's to take notes of what I was teaching (Design and Technology - Structures), but allowed them to choose how to take these notes and which app they preferred to use. The variety astounded me. Key notes, sound recordings, mind maps, 'Haiku Deck' (A new app to me but one that now has a place on my iPad!) , a word doc with pictures and just good old notes app were all used and emailed to the person next to them. Some even put their notes in the Kindle app to save them.

The Grade 7's were emailed my iBook of the terms notes and its all go from Monday.

All in all a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment